Sudspave Permeable Pavers
Unique porous paver design allows formation of high strength free draining surface for a reinforced grass or gravel fill.
Sudspave Permeable Pavers
Sudspave is a permeable paving grid system of interlocking cellular plastic porous pavers designed for the stabilisation of trafficked grass or gravel surfaces. Used where a free-draining permeable gravel or grass car park, access road or driveway is required.
- High load bearing capacity
- Pre-connected for rapid installation
- Infilled with grass or gravel to suit project requirements
- Retains gravel within the cells
- Provides a permeable trafficable surface
- SuDs source control - storm water management
- Protects grass from wear, rutting and smearing
Retained gravel, free draining ground reinforcement using ABG Sudspave 40 permeable paving grids
Sudspave porous plastic paver applications include grass and gravel car parks, emergency access routes, maintenance vehicle access roads, cycle paths, retained gravel driveways, parking areas and pedestrian paths.
Sudspave offers a cost-effective, robust and aesthetic solution for many applications where gravel retention is required and where source-control of surface water forms part of a Sustainable Drainage System (SuDS) design. For a reinforced grass surface, the interlocking grass pavers can be filled with a soil rootzone and seeded to produce a reinforced grass surface suitable for vehicles and pedestrian traffic.
Grass reinforcement using ABG Sudspave 40 permeable paving grids
Sudspave permeable plastic cellular paving grids are designed to be installed onto a stone sub-base construction incorporating Geogrids to minimise material and construction costs, the paving units may also be considered for ‘reduced-dig’ applications where the depth of excavation has been limited due to archeological or SSSI concerns, or in tree-root protection zones.
To aid rapid installation, four individual Sudspave porous paving grid units form a pre-connected 1m² section and the paving system clips and locks together to provide a continuous integral surface which is able to resist deformation and dislocation. Once laid, the porous plastic paving units can be filled with either an angular gravel for a hard wearing surface or with a formulated growing medium into which grass seed is sown to provide a vegetated finish suitable for occasional trafficking.
Typical Client Profile:
- Schools and Universities
- Parish, town and district councils
- Local authorities
- National Trust & English Heritage properties
- Hospitals and Public Buildings
- Visitor attractions and event venues
- Music festival venues
- Airports and Railways parking
- Industrial Estates and Business Owners
- Sports grounds and recreation parks
- Parks and private estate owners
The following similar products provide solutions for grass or gravel ground reinforcement that may be relevant:
Associated System Products
Within a Sudspave construction, we strongly recommend following our installation guidelines where the following products are specified within the construction profile:
Design & Installation Guidance
- Sudspave 40 Design & Installation Guidance for Gravel Surfaces
- Sudspave 40 Design & Installation Guidance for Grass Surfaces
Permeable Paving - Carbon Footprint Saving
The use of ABG Sudspave permeable paving system can save up to 54% on the carbon footprint compared with traditional permeable block paving methods:Click to read the full carbon footprint assessment.
- ABG Permeable Paving Sudspave Derby University UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Permeable Paving Sudspave Truro Park and Ride UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Erosion Control Grassed river Embankment, Selkirk, Scotland UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Sustainable Paving Sudspave Quarry Bank Mill Styal Wilmslow UK CASE STUDY
- ABG SuDS Permeable Paving Sudspave Wexham Park Hospital Slough UK CASE STUDY
- ABG SuDS Permeable Paving Car Park Sudspave Devour Holmfirth UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Sudspave 40, National Star College Car Park, Ullenwood UK PROJECT STORY
- ABG Sudspave 40, Yorkshire Sculpture Park Visitor Parking, Bretton Country Park UK PROJECT STORY
Features and Articles
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.