Sudsgrid 40 Permeable Pavers
Robust porous paver design allows formation of high strength free draining surface for reinforced grass or gravel fill.
Sudsgrid 40 Permeable Pavers
Sudsgrid is an economical interlocking cellular porous paver for sustainable drainage applications (SuDS). Sudsgrid is suitable for a wide range of trafficked applications where a stabilised, free-draining grass or gravel surface is required.
- High load bearing capacity
- Infilled with grass or gravel to suit project requirements
- Retains gravel within the cells
- Provides a permeable trafficable surface
- SuDs source control - storm water management
- Protects grass from wear, rutting and smearing
- 100% recycled plastic
- Rounded & robust 3-5mm cell walls for safe edges
- Lightweight (0.9 - 1kg per panel)
- Cost-effective option for angular gravel infill up to 20mm
Sudsgrid porous plastic paver applications include grass and gravel car parks, emergency access routes, maintenance vehicle access roads, cycle paths, retained gravel driveways, parking areas and pedestrian paths.
Grass reinforcement using ABG Sudsgrid 40 permeable paving grids
Sudsgrid offers a cost-effective, robust and aesthetic solution for many applications where gravel retention is required in frequent-use applications and where source-control of surface water forms part of a Sustainable Drainage System (SuDS) design. For a reinforced grass surface, the interlocking grass pavers can be filled with a sandy-soil rootzone and seeded to produce a reinforced grass surface suitable for occasional use by vehicles and pedestrian traffic.
Retained gravel, free draining ground reinforcement using ABG Sudsgrid 40 permeable paving grids
Gravel filled driveway application
Sudsgrid permeable plastic cellular paving grids are designed to be installed onto a free-draining stone sub-base construction incorporating Geogrids to minimise material and construction costs, the paving units may also be considered for ‘reduced-dig’ applications where the depth of excavation has been limited due to archaeological or SSSI concerns, or in tree-root protection zones.
Open-celled design allows grass to grow both vertically and horizontally
Green grids available to blend in with grass
Interconnection between individual pavers is provided by means of spike and loop connectors around the edge of each paving unit. Thanks to the play at the connection between the spike and loop, the grid may be laid on gently curving surfaces
Once installed, the porous plastic paving units can be filled with either an angular gravel for a hard wearing surface or with a formulated growing medium into which grass seed is sown to provide a vegetated finish suitable for occasional trafficking
Simple and stable interconnection of panels
Typical Client Profile:
- Schools and Universities
- Parish, town and district councils
- Local authorities
- National Trust & English Heritage properties
- Hospitals and Public Buildings
- Visitor attractions and event venues
- Music festival venues
- Airports and Railways parking
- Industrial Estates and Business Owners
- Sports grounds and recreation parks
- Parks and private estate owners
Within a Sudsgrid construction, we strongly recommend following our design and installation guidelines where the following products may also form part of the specified construction profile:
Design & Installation Guidance
- Sudsgrid 40 Design & Installation Guidance for Gravel Surfaces
- Sudsgrid 40 Design & Installation Guidance for Grass Surfaces
Permeable Paving - Carbon Footprint Saving
The use of ABG Sudsgrid permeable paving system can save up to 54% on the carbon footprint compared with traditional permeable block paving methods:Click to read the full carbon footprint assessment.
The following similar products provide solutions for grass or gravel ground reinforcement that may be relevant:
- Truckcell heavy-load vehicle permeable paving grids
- Sudspave permeable paving grids
- Netlon Advanced Turf System
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.