Cellular structure confines and strengthens weak soils allowing site won materials to be used in the construction of retaining walls.
ABG webwall is a flexible geocell retaining wall system that utilises geocell technology. Using Webwall geocell for green faced walls with near vertical faces can be built quickly and easily with the added benefit of using site won materials as fill
- Noise barriers
- Retaining walls
- Steep slopes
- Blast bunds
- Anti-ram bunds
- Earth retaining walls
- Ideal with weak foundation soils
- Site won material can be utilised
- Cost effective
- Vegetated finish
Cost savings over traditional earth retaining wall constructions along with a green vegetated finish can be achieved by using the Webwall system. It is ideal in situations with weak foundation soils and often allows site won materials to be used as fill thereby saving on the cost of removal and also the cost of importing structural fills.
The retaining wall structure is formed from horizontal layers of Webwall geocell filled and placed one on top of another. The front face of the structure can be filled with top soil and then vegetated through seeding or planting to create a vegetated finish.
Webwall geocell offers many cost advantages over other retaining wall systems including lower labour costs, cheaper materials and reduced maintenance.
Typical Client Profile:
- Landscape Architects
- Housing Developers / Retail Developers
- Highways Authorities
- Highways Engineers
- Drainage Consultants
- Local Authorities
The following similar products provide solutions for slopes, soil retention and erosion control:
Associated System Products
Within an ABG Webwall geocell construction, the following products may also be used:
Gravity Retaining Walls - Carbon Footprint Saving
The use of ABG Webwall Geocell can save up to 77% on the carbon footprint compared with traditional gabion baskets gravity retaining walls:Click to read the full carbon footprint assessment.
- ABG SuDS Retaining Wall pond Webwall Bellway Home Nottingham UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Retaining Wall Webwall Saundersfoot UK CASE STUDY
- ABG SuDS Retaining Wall Attenuation Pond Webwall Chesterwell Colchester UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Highways Retaining Wall Webwall Clitheroe UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Retaining Wall Webwall Ramsden Reservoir West Yorkshire UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Retaining Wall, Flood Defences, Keswick, UK CASE STUDY
- Webwall Planting Guide
- ABG Webwall INSTALL
- ABG Webwall Addendum - Curves INSTALL
- ABG Webwall Addendum - Corners INSTALL
Features and Articles
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.