Truckcell Heavy-Duty Porous Paver
Heavy duty porous paver allows formation of heavy duty permeable grass or retained gravel pavements.
Truckcell Heavy-Duty Porous Paver
Truckcell™ is a heavy-duty cellular porous paving system designed for intensive usage and high-load traffic applications. The permeable paver can be filled with topsoil and seeded or with gravel to provide a structural surface for HGV traffic, trucks, coaches and fork-lift trucks.
- Lightweight compared to permeable concrete block paving systems
- Plastic pavers resist cracking under stress
- Reduces construction time compared to concrete paving
- High strength alternative to concrete permeable paving
- High load-bearing capacity
- Produces a permeable surface
- Higher quality of grass establishment compared to concrete alternatives
- Source control as part of SuDS system
- Manufactured from recycled plastic
- Fully recyclable
Truckcell™ is a thick heavy-duty porous paver manufactured from 100% recycled plastic and is strong enough to withstand trafficking from vehicles with high wheel loadings such as trucks, buses, fire appliances and refuse vehicles. The high load-bearing capacity of the porous pavers make them suitable for applications such as HGV parking and access roads, fork-lift loading areas, car parks, coach parks and emergency vehicle access routes.
Illustration showing typical construction profile for a permeable gravel surafce
The polymer construction of Truckcell permeable paving grids is semi-flexible, giving them a greater resistance to cracking than permeable concrete paving grid alternatives. Each Truckcell grid unit weighs less than 12kg, keeping it well within Health and Safety manual handling guidelines.
Truckcell is a high-performance lighter-weight product than grass concrete pavers, that facilitates simple manual installation and can greatly reduce installation time and site plant costs. Once installed, the open-cell structure of Truckcell paving grids is filled with a free-draining gravel for a gravel paving surface or a grass rootzone material to form a permeable grass paving surface which can provide surface water source control within a SuDS design. The Truckcell paving cells are typically filled with either an angular gravel or with a growing media and then seeded to provide a green vegetated finish in accordance with the aesthetic and maintenance requirements of the project application.
Illustration showing typical construction profile for a permeable grass surafce
Typical Client Profile:
- Schools and Universities
- Utility Companies
- Hospitals and public building parking
- Logistics and Warehousing Companies
- Local authorities
- National Trust & English Heritage properties
- Visitor attractions and event venues
- Music festival venues
- Airports and Railways parking
- Industrial Estates and Business Owners
- Sports grounds and recreation parks
- Truck Stops
- Renewable Energy Generating companies
The following products provide solutions for grass or gravel ground reinforcement:
Associated System Products
Within a Truckcell construction, we strongly recommend following our design and installation guidelines. The following ABG products are specified within the construction profile:
Design & Installation Guidance
- ABG Permeable Paving Truckcell M1 J20 to 21 Leicestershire UK CASE STUDY
- ABG SuDS Permeable Paving Park and Ride Truckcell Truro UK CASE STUDY
- ABG SuDS Permeable Paving HGV Park Truckcell Road King Cannock UK CASE STUDY
- ABG SuDS Permeable Paving Truckcell Wadlow Windfarm Cambridge UK CASE STUDY
- ABG SuDS Permeable Paving Truckcell Denbrook Wind Farm UK CASE STUDY
- ABG SuDS Permeable Paving Car Park Sudspave Devour Holmfirth UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Truckcell 80, Reculver Country Park Visitor Parking, Herne Bay UK PROJECT STORY
- ABG Truckcell HGV Parking Area, Truck Stop, Harpole UK Case Study
- ABG Truckcell 80, The Wave Surfing Lake Access Roads, Bristol UK PROJECT STORY
Features and Articles
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.