Roofdrain core allows attenuation of water whilst allowing free drainage during periods of peak rainfall.
Roofdrain is designed for use in extensive green roof systems. It provides both drainage and attenuation in a convenient, lightweight and cost effective system.
- Green roof drainage
- Green Bridges and Green Tunnels
- Extensive green roofs
- Brown roofs and biodiverse roof drainage
- Water attenuation
- SUDs Systems
- Prevents plants from dying out
- Prevents waterlogging
- Provides drainage
- Assists in roof cooling
- Easy to install
The drainage design of intensive green roofs requires only a simple soil layer; by contrast the modern method of an extensive green roof requires a combination of efficient drainage and water attenuation in order to allow the ecology to flourish.
Roofdrain allows the storage of water within the nodes of the of the HDPE core whilst facilitating the efficient drainage of any excess water away from the roof. This helps prevent the root growing media from drying out during dry periods and from becoming waterlogged during periods of wet.
When used within a roof construction Roofdrain provides a versatile system for the collection of surplus seepage water at the base of the growing medium and for the prevention of water pressure on the structural waterproofing.
ABG Roofdrain geocomposite is used in the construction of green bridges and green tunnels to protect the waterproofing and provide drainage to the structure, which removes the need for bulky porous blocks and the logistical challenge of importing granular fill.
Typical Client Profile:
- Drainage Contractors
- Roofing Contractors
- Roofing System Suppliers
- Landscape Architects
- Local Authority Planning Depts.
- Green Roof consultants
Case Studies / Recent Projects:
Roofdrain drainage geocomposite has been installed on the following projects:
- Green Roof System, Alder Hey Hospital, Liverpool. UK
- Intensive Green Roof, Education City, Qatar
- Intensive Green Bridge Structural Drainage, A556 Cheshire
- Biodiverse Green Roof System, Bradford University, UK
- Green Roof System, Recycling & Energy Facility, Leeds
- Biodiverse Green Roof, Regent Street, London
The following products provide similar drainage functions for different applications:
Associated System Products
Roofdrain drainage geocomposite is commonly used in the following green and brown roof systems supplied by ABG:
- ABG blueroof Green Intensive St Pauls Sheffield UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Green Biodiverse Green Roof Bradford UK CASE STUDY
- ABG blueroof Green Extensive Huddersfield University UK Case Study
- ABG Green Roof Extensive Center Parcs Woburn UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Green Roof Biodiverse Regent Street London UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Green Roof Extensive Erosaweb Cross Green Leeds UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Green Roof Extensive Erosaweb Alder Hey Hospital Liverpool UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Intensive Green Bridge A556 Cheshire UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Intensive Green Roof, Roofdrain, Education City, Qatar, CASE STUDY
- ABG Green Roof Extensive Skelton Lake Services Leeds UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Green Roof Plug Plants DATASHEET
- ABG Green Roof Abpro Profiles PVC DATASHEET
- ABG Green Roof Growing Media DATASHEET
- ABG Green Roof Vegetation Mats DATASHEET
- ABG Green Roof Access Chamber DATASHEET
- ABG Green Roof Wild Flower Roof Turf DATASHEET
- ABG Green Roof Wild flower Sowing Seed Mix DATASHEET
Features and Articles
- Huddersfield Examiner, 27th August 2013 - Children grow into the job of creating roof
- Alder Hey Hospital in the news
- Construction National Alder Hey
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.