High performance composite allows drainage of leachate and gases whilst simultaneously proving geomembrane protection.
Pozidrain Protector is developed specifically for use in landfill basal lining systems to collect and drain leachate whilst providing protection to the geomembrane lining systems.
- Landfill Base Lining
- Groundwater Drainage
- Leachate Drainage
- Geomembrane Protection
- Proven puncture protection
- High drainage capability
- Ease of installation
- Clog free
- Reduces drainage stone
- Creates landfill volume
- Reduces traffic to site
The wide width Pozidrain Protector drainage geocomposite creates more landfill volume by replacing the conventional drainage stone whilst offering reliable drainage properties through the factory produced drainage core.
It consists of Pozidrain bonded to a heavyweight needle punched geotextile protector and offers a combination of drainage and geomembrane protection in a single product.
The protection efficiency of the combined materials is enough to resist the rigours of the installation, the cell construction and the long-term loading.
Pozidrain Protector reduces the hydraulic head within the structure and is proven to reduce stress on the geomembrane as well as providing the basal lining system with protection from puncturing.
The following products provide similar drainage functions to landfill slopes ,basal drainage and other civil engineering draingae applciations:
- Pozidrain Geocomposite - Landfill, basal drainage & gas venting
- Pozidrain G Geocomposite - Landfill capping and gas venting
- Pozibreak - Capillary break geocomposite
- Deckdrain -Structural Drainage Geocomposite
- Fildrain - Earthworks & embankment drainage
Soil Drainage - Carbon Footprint Saving
The use of ABG Pozidrain Protector Drainage Geocomposite can save up to 94% on the carbon footprint compared with traditional granular soil drainage methods:Click to read the full carbon footprint assessment
- ABG Coal Ash Containment Basal and Capping Pozidrain Jorf Lasfar South Morocco CASE STUDY
- ABG Contaminated Land Capillary Break Pozibreak Vane Tempest Seaham UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Landfill Basal Drainage Pozidrain Lean Quarry Landfill UK CASE STUDY
- Standard in-plane flow capacity for geocomposites and effects on slope stability - Ground Engineering, April 2014
- Standard Soft Platen Flow Capacity Test Technical Paper 2014
- Carbon Footprint Reduction - Landfill Lining System TECH NOTE
- ABG Landfill Lining Systems Carbon Footprint Reduction TECH NOTE
- Carbon Footprint 2019: Company and Product Assessments
- Water Flow within a Drainage Layer
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.