Three dimensional cellular matrix confines and reinforces weak soils for use in soil retention on steep slopes.
Erosaweb geocell is designed for the reinforcement of weak soils and has many applications including retention of soils on steep slopes and highway and rail embankments. The cells of the geocell retain the fill material, while allowing water through.
- Earth retaining walls
- Slope reinforcement
- Sub-base reinforcement
- Erosion control
- Basal reinforcement
- Tree root protection
- Concrete shuttering
- Green roofs
- Cost effective
- Easy to install
- Reduces stone requirements
- Confines soil and fill material
- Environmentally friendly
Erosaweb geocell works by confining and stabilising the surface of weak soils by creating a honeycomb of interconnected polymer strips that form pockets to locate and strengthen the infill material.
Erosaweb can be laid over stable steep slopes where the cell walls provide a tensile force increasing the strength of the material and acting as mini-weirs to reduce run off velocity and soil loss. On a slope Erosaweb geocell is normally secured to the underlying material by frequent pinning, usually with steel pins. Where this is inadvisable or impossible, for instance when Erosaweb is installed over a geomembrane, the webs should be secured to a high-strength geogrid such as Trigrid.
Using Abweb geocell it is also possible to strengthen sub-bases and reduce foundation stone thickness under loaded areas by up to 50%.
Earth retaining walls can be formed with horizontal layers of Erosaweb geocell filled and placed one on another. A specific retaining wall product is available as Webwall geocell.
Typical Client Profile:
- Landscape Architects
- Housing Developers / Retail Developers
- Highways Authorities
- Highways Engineers
- Drainage Consultants
- Local Authorities
Other Case Studies:
Erosaweb Geocells have also been used in the following projects:
- Slope and Channel Erosion Control Protection, Clitheroe, Lancashire
- Embankment Reinforcement, Luton to Dunstable Busway, Bedfordshire, UK
- Green Roof System, Recycling & Energy Facility, Leeds
The following similar products provide solutions for slopes, soil retention and erosion control:
- Abweb geocell for weak soil reinforcement
- Webwall geocell for green vegetated retaining walls
- ConcertinaWeb geocell for road verge reinforcement
- Erosamat Type 3 Erosion Control matting
Associated System Products
Within an ABG Erosaweb geocell construction, the following products may also be used:
- Verge Reinforcement
- SuDS Geosynthetics
- ABG Erosion Control Civils BROCHURE
- ABG Erosion Control Buildings BROCHURE
- ABG Erosion Control Erosaweb Wexford UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Erosion Control Erosamat Erosaweb Clitheroe UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Highway Drainage Erosaweb Pond A1 Elkesley UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Green Roof Extensive Erosaweb Cross Green Leeds UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Green Roof Extensive Erosaweb Alder Hey Hospital Liverpool UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Erosion Control Steep Cutting Rail Erosaweb HS1 Kent UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Mine Tailings Capping Pozidrain & Erosaweb Carrshield Mine Works UK Case Study
- ABG Cutting Drainage Erosaweb Luton Dunstable Busway UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Basal Drainage & Slope Retention Pozidrain & Erosaweb Shetland, UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Erosion Control Erosaweb Gedling Access Road, Nottingham UK Case Study
Features and Articles
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.