Deckdrain Drainage Geocomposite
ABG Deckdrain’s unique drainage core replaces the requirement for stone filter layers whilst giving superior flow. The filter geotextile prevents clogging of the core.
Deckdrain Drainage Geocomposite
ABG Deckdrain is a high performance geocomposite drainage system. Designed to provide an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional structural drainage techniques, it provides high flow capacity and added protection to waterproofing.
ABG Deckdrain is a strong, robust geocomposite used in the following applications:
- Relieve external water pressure from buried structures
- Highways Bridge abutment and wingwall drainage
- Structural drainage on rail projects
- Drainage on Green Bridges
- Drainage behind retaining walls
- Covered reservoir roofs and walls
- Tunnel drainage
- Roof garden drainage
- Block paving drainage
- Relief of uplift pressure beneath tanks, slabs and culverts
- Capillary break layer below base slabs
- Sructural drainage
- Green Tunnels
- Horizontal or vertical drainage applications (walls)
- Thinner drainage layers when compared to traditional aggregate drainage solutions
- Reduced dead loads on structure means thinner slabs are possible
- High, factory controlled consistant flow capacity
- Wide rolls of ABG Deckdrain are suited for rapid installation
- Enhances the performance of structural waterproofing by providing an additional barrier that prevents the majority of the water reaching the liner.
- High CBR puncture resistance of ABG Deckdrain provides protection.
- Allows use of lower specification backfill
- Reduced delivery traffic volumes when compared with stone delivery vehicles
ABG Deckdrain is used in civil engineering and construction drainage applications including bridge abutments, buried structures, retaining walls, tunnels, roof gardens and covered potable water reservoirs. ABG Deckdrain geocomposite consists of a high strength flexible polyethylene cuspated core with a non-woven filter geotextile bonded onto one or both sides. The geotextile filters a wide range of materials whilst allowing water to percolate into the core of the geocomposite before draining to a discharge point.
The HDPE cuspated core of the geocomposite provides a free flowing drainage void. The cusps are designed to support the geotextile which is bonded to the core to ensure that it doesn't deform into the drainage void under the pressure of the backfill material. ABG Deckdrain is designed to allow flow in all directions, unlike linear or pipe systems.
ABG Deckdrain is durable and sufficiently robust to resist the mechanical stresses imposed during installation and then on throughout its design life. Use of ABG Deckdrain eliminates the need for further protection of the waterproofing system. ABG Deckdrain has been creep tested at compressive loads of up to 1000kPa to give a design life of 120 years.
ABG Deckdrain is a UK manufactured BBA certified product, with a long history of use on Highways England, Transport Scotland and other major Highways schemes. ABG Deckdrain is available in a range of flow capacities from 1 l/m/s to 95 l/m/s corresponding to thicknesses ranging from 4mm to 50mm, and can be supplied in a variety of roll sizes designed to suit differing site requirements.
ABG Deckdrain geocomposite is used in the construction of green bridges and green tunnels to protect the waterproofing and provide drainage to the structure, which removes the need for bulky porous blocks and the logistical challenge of importing granular fill.
Typical Client Profile:
Other Case Studies:
ABG Deckdrain drainage geocomposite has been used in the following projects:
- Reservoir Roof Drainage - Cross Hill, Wirral
- Heysham to M6 Link - Bridge Abutment Drainage
- Structural Drainage, Bermondsey Rail Dive Under, Thameslink, UK
- Port Talbot - Bridge Abutment Structural Drainage
- Structural Retaining Wall Drainage, Delhi-Agra Road, India
- Didcot - Covered Potable Water Reservoir Drainage
- Reservoir Drainage - St John's Wood, London
- Structural Drainage for anti-flotation of STW Tanks, Telford
- Structural Drainage, Mukkola to Kerala Highway India
- Tunnel Invert Drainage, Graz, Austria
- Sliding Bridge Abutment Drainage, Immingham UK
- Green Intensive Roof, St Paul's Place, Sheffield, UK
- Sprayed Concrete Rail Wall Structural Drainage, Wembley, London UK
The following products provide similar drainage functions for different applications:
- Pozidrain - environmental containment
- Pozibreak - capillary break layer
- ABG Roofdrain - green and blue roof attenuation layer
- Fildrain - Earthworks Drainage
- Fildrain - Highway Edge Drainage
Associated System Products
Within a drainage system where ABG Deckdrain composites are used, the following products are often used as part of the construction profile:
Back of Wall Drainage - Carbon Footprint Saving
The use of ABG Deckdrain Geocomposite can save up to 94% on the carbon footprint compared with traditional porous concrete block drainage methods:Click to read the full carbon footprint assessment.
- ABG Green Roof Intensive Mei Foo Station Hong Kong CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Slope Deckdrain Mukkola-Kerala India CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Bridge Abutment Deckdrain Heysham to M6 UK CASE STUDY
- ABG blueroof Green Intensive St Pauls Sheffield UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Bridge Abutment Deckdrain Port Talbot Dist Road UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Wall Deckdrain Delhi-Agra Road India CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Wall Deckdrain Eastern Expressway Delhi India CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Reservoir Base Uplift Deckdrain Rushmoor UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Bridge Abutment Drainage Deckdrain Rosper Road Immingham UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Reservoir Roof Deckdrain G Crosshill Wirral UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Rail Sprayed Concrete Deckdrain Wembley London UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Wall Rail Deckdrain West Coast Mainline Crewe UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Bermondsey Rail Dive Under UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Reservoir Pozidrain Barrow Hill London UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Wall Deckdrain A14 Godmanchester UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Deckdrain Heads of the Valley UK CASE STUDY
- Railway Drainage Sprayed Concrete, Deckdrain, Network Rail, Werrington, UK Case Study
- ABG Structural Drainage Deckdrain, Dawlish Sea Wall, Devon, UK CASE STUDY
Features and Articles
- Standard in-plane flow capacity for geocomposites and effects on slope stability - Ground Engineering, April 2014
- Drainage of Buried Structures Carbon Footprint Reduction TECH NOTE
- Carbon Footprint 2019: Company and Product Assessments
- Groundwater Drainage: Geocomposites vs. Gravel
- Water Flow within a Drainage Layer
- Reference List: Green and Blue Roofs
- Reference List: Podium Deck Green Roofs
- Deckdrain - Structural Drainage for Water Authorities
Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.