Technical Know How
At ABG project support is provided by our experienced sales and technical departments, many of whom are chartered Civil Engineers. We have a wealth of experience in the design and development of geosynthetic products and their practical application.
Product and project support through ABG Technical Department includes:
• Project Design (with PI cover where required)
• Design Confirmation
• Feasibility Study
• Cost Advice
• Product Development
Our Technical Team
- Alan Bamforth
- Alan is a Chartered Civil Engineer with more than 30 years in-depth experience of geosynthetics with a particular interest in their application in waste containment (MSW and mining waste) and tunnels and draws upon a wealth of knowledge and experience of UK and international practise of engineering in highways, tunnels and landfill.
- Goran Erak
- Goran is a Civil Engineer with over twenty years experience in the design and engineering of landfill, environmental, water and geotechnical projects. At ABG Goran is a Director of Business Development responsible for the Civils/Environmental division of our business, including preparing and monitoring design output for specific projects in this sector.
- David Shercliff
- David is a Chartered Civil and Waste Engineer who has offered innovative geosynthetic solutions in the UK and overseas for the past 30 years. Starting with a major contractor on highway and water treatment construction projects he then joined the then fledgling geosynthetic industry in the UK. He has contributed to the industry giving papers on innovative geosynthetic solutions for the Rail, Coastal & River, Landfill and Highways industries. After a period in senior level management in some of the largest geosynthetic manufacturers, he returns to the technical support world of creating engineering solutions using both his wide ranging experience and the array of products supplied by ABG. David, as Chief Engineer, manages the Technical Team at ABG.
- Phil Allen
- Phil has 20 years experience in the design and development of plastic porous paving and has been responsible for the introduction, technical development and invention of some of today's market leading SuDS related source-control products and designs. Having worked for leading civil engineering based plastic mesh, grid and paving manufacturers on major projects in the UK and overseas during this time, Phil has previously spent 20 years in the landscaping and groundsmanship industries. With his unique combination of horticultural and ground engineering experience, Phil adds another dimension to the ABG Technical Team.
- Richard Heritage
- Richard is a Civil Engineer specialising in geotechnics who has thirteen years of experience working with several international consulting engineering firms around the world. Most recently he worked on the aftermath of the Christchurch earthquake in New Zealand. His published paper on geotechnics explained the unique solutions. He brings a wealth of geotechnical and analytical knowledge of soil behaviour in in static and seismic conditions.
- Andrew Keer
- Andrew is the Southern Sales Manager and has worked in the construction industry for 30 years in technical sales, business development, marketing and export roles. Andrew specialises within ABG’s Building Team, in the design of SuDS ‘blue roof’ attenuation systems and associated surface finishes, including green and biodiverse roofs. With substantial knowledge of how construction projects evolve from initial planning, to detailed design, through to site construction, Andrew is currently working on several industry guidance groups and trade associations; including CIRIA’s ‘Susdrain’ team, GRO’s Technical Committee, the LRWA Insulation Technical Sub-Committee and CIRIA’s project steering group for their new ‘blue roof’ industry guidance document.
Mobile: 07525 808700
- Richard Carr
- Richard is head of our Highways division. A fellow of the Institute of Highways Engineers and Chartered Institute of Highways & Transportation, he has worked in the the highways sector for over 20 years working on many high profile local authority and trunk road schemes; including a number of SMART Motorway and major highway improvement projects. His experience ranges from road maintenance, highway drainage and green bridges designs.