Filtration, Separation & Protection
Geotextiles perform the functions of separation and filtration in the construction of sub-base granular layers. Geotextiles are permeable and allow water to filter through, while separating and larger stone or soil particles from passing. This separator / filter function prevents the intermixing of granular sub-base layers and the passage of stone particles which could cause the failure of the surface or pavement structure. Geotextiles are used to provide protection and puncture resistance to membranes in landfills, green roof systems and drainage layers.
ABG geotextiles are used in many civil engineering and construction applications including the construction of roads, highways, pavements, rail permanent way, slopes, car parks, landfill, coastal defences and sustainable urban drainage systems. Our experienced civil engineers are on hand to advise the correct solution to your unique application.
- Wrapping SuDS Infiltration/Attenuation Tanks
- Separating sub-base layers in paving and road construction
- Green Roofs and Blue Roof systems
- Porous paving systems
- Filters French drains
- Coastal protection
- Revetment construction
- Slope protection and erosion control
- Separation of granular stone layers
- Filtration of water within drainage systems
- Protection of membrane layers
- Reduces to the requirement for stone construction layers
- Reduces the environmental impact of construction
Typical Client Profile:
- Highway engineers and road construction contractors
- Landfill and waste management engineers
- Landscape Architects
- Sustainable building specifiers
- Railway engineers and contractors
- Coastal protection engineers
ABG provide geosynthetic solutions for filtration, separation and protection functions within construction and civil engineering applications.
Filter Separator Geotextiles:
Terrex NW geotextiles are non-woven, needle punched, heat treated fabrics designed to offer optimum performance per with high mechanical and hydraulic properties making them the ideal choice for separation and filtration applications.
Abtex SG is a range of woven geotextiles for applications from basic separation functions to reinforcement of earth structures.
Terrex SNW geotextiles are a thick filter / protection fabrics that offer outstanding performance at minimum weight. When compared to other needle punched geotextiles of similar weight, Terrex SNW provides superior puncture resistance and are ideal for liner protection, basal geomembrane protection and coastal protection applications.
Terrex SNW geotextile protecting the waterproof geomembrane
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.