Sudspave Permeable Pavers
Unique porous paver design allows formation of high strength free draining surface.
Sudspave Permeable Pavers
Sudspave is a permeable paving system of interlocking cellular plastic porous pavers designed for the stabilisation of trafficked grass or gravel surfaces. Used where a free-draining permeable gravel or grass car park, access road or driveway is required.
- SuDS source control paving
- Grass or gravel car parks
- Overspill / overflow car parks
- Park and ride parking
- Emergency service access (Fire access lanes)
- Disabled access routes
- Lawn reinforcement
- Golf buggy paths
- Taxiways and helipads
- High load bearing capacity
- Pre-connected for rapid installation
- Infilled with grass or gravel to suit project requirements
- Retains gravel within the cells
- Provides a permeable trafficable surface
- SuDs source control - storm water management
- Protects grass from wear, rutting and smearing
Sudspave porous plastic paver applications include grass and gravel car parks, emergency access routes, maintenance vehicle access roads, cycle paths, retained gravel driveways, parking areas and pedestrian paths.
Sudspave offers a cost-effective, robust and aesthetic solution for many applications where gravel retention or grass reinforcement is required and where source-control of surface water forms part of a Sustainable Drainage System (SuDS) design.
Sudspave permeable plastic paving grids are designed to be installed onto a stone sub-base construction incorporating Geogrids to minimise material and construction costs, the paving units may also be considered for ‘reduced-dig’ applications where the depth of excavation has been limited due to archeological or SSSI concerns, or in tree-root protection zones.
To aid rapid installation, four individual Sudspave porous paving grid units form a pre-connected 1m² section and the paving system clips and locks together to provide a continuous integral surface which is able to resist deformation and dislocation. Once laid, the porous plastic paving units can be filled with either an angular gravel for a hard wearing surface or with a formulated growing medium into which grass seed is sown to provide a vegetated finish suitable for occasional trafficking.
Typical Client Profile:
- Schools and Universities
- Parish, town and district councils
- Local authorities
- National Trust & English Heritage properties
- Visitor attractions and event venues
- Music festival venues
- Airports and Railways parking
- Industrial Estates and Business Owners
- Sports grounds and recreation parks
- Parks and private estate owners
Case Studies / Recent Projects:
Sudspave plastic porous paving grids have been used in the following projects:
- University of Derby: Permeable gravel access & parking
- Truro Park and Ride - Grass and Gravel filled porous paving
- PSR Solutions, Staffordshire - Permeable gravel access road and staff car parking
- Reinforced Grassed River Embankment, Selkirk FPS, Scotland
The following similar products provide solutions for grass or gravel ground reinforcement that may be relevant:
Associated System Products
Within a Sudspave construction, we strongly recommend following our installation guidelines where the following products are specified within the construction profile:
Design & Installation Guidance
- ABG Permeable Paving Sudspave Derby University UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Permeable Paving Sudspave Truro Park and Ride UK CASE STUDY
- ABG SuDS Permeable Paving Car Park Sudspave 30 Dunston Staffs UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Erosion Control Grassed river Embankment, Selkirk, Scotland UK CASE STUDY
Features and Articles
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.