The unique design of Pozidrain’s drainage core allows superior liquid or gas flow in all directions, unlike traditional pipe drainage systems.
Pozidrain drainage geocomposite is a wide-width preformed drainage and gas venting solution, providing a sustainable, environmental alternative to traditional filter stone drainage layers. Used extensively for landfill and contaminated land drainage on slopes and basal areas to remove water, liquids and gas quickly & efficiently.
- Leachate or ground water drainage collection in landfill containments
- Drainage layer between the soil cover and geomembrane of a landfill cap
- Landfill basal drainage
- Landfill slope drainage
- Hazardous gas venting / methane venting from landfills
- Groundwater drainage/collection
- Leakage detection layers within the landfill base lining
- Vertical cut-off trenches
- Embankment drainage & reinforcement
- Slope stabilisation
- Capillary break layer in contaminated land reclamation
- Geomembrane protection
- Eliminates filter stone
- Creates more landfill void
- Allows use of lower specification backfill materials
- Reduces excavation and backfill
- High impact and crush strength
- High flow capacity and long performance life
- Compatible with geomembrane systems and acts as the protection layer to geomembrane liners
- Ease and speed of installation without specialist equipment
- Massively reduced traffic volumes compared to drainage stone
- Wide rolls are suited for rapid installation on large landfill and restoration projects
- Chemically inert – resistant to petrol, oils, acid, alkalis, leachate and common chemicals
Pozidrain geocomposite is a market leading drainage membrane used to replace traditional aggregate drainage layers on landfills, soil reclamation and remediation projects.
Pozidrain consists of a high strength flexible polyethylene cuspated drainage core with a non-woven geotextile filter fabric bonded onto one or either side. The geotextile filters a wide range of materials and is bonded to the core to ensure that it does not deform into the drainage channels under the load of the backfill material. The drainage composite allows fluids and gases to percolate into the core whilst supporting the backfill material. The collected fluids are then transported along the core to a discharge point.
The HDPE core in Pozidrain forms a high-performance drainage void, using the spaces between the cuspates. This unique core design offers clear passageways which allows flow in all directions, even in the event of damage or a blockage occurring.
Impressive compressive strength and creep resistance properties ensure that the core maintains drainage capacity under a wide range of compressive loadings. Pozidrain is durable and sufficiently robust to resist the mechanical stresses imposed during installation and throughout the design life. Use of Pozidrain may eliminate the requirement for secondary protection of the geomembrane liners; thick Terrex SNW protection geotextiles may be used in the manufacture of Pozidrain to create a very substantial protection and drainage layer with just one installation cost.
When compared with aggregate drainage, Pozidrain offers superior flow characteristics in a much thinner layer. This reduces the required thickness of the landfill capping and base lining system and results in extra void space and savings.
Pozidrain is available in a variety of roll widths and lengths to suit different site requirements. To provide different flow requirements, Pozidrain is manufactured in thicknesses from 4mmto 25mm.
Typical Client Profile:
- Landfill Engineers
- Environmental Waste Engineers
- Contaminated Land Specialists
- Remediation Engineers
- Landfill Operators
- Environmental Engineers
Case Studies / Recent Projects:
Pozidrain drainage geocomposite has been used in the following projects:
- Glasshouhgton Landfill, Leeds - Landfill Basal Drainage
- Luton - Busway Lateral Drainage
- Australia - Landfill Capping
The following products provide similar drainage functions for different applications:
Associated System Products
Within a drainage system where Pozidrain composites are used, the following products are often used as part of the construction profile:
- Landfill Basal Drainage, West Yorkshire - Pozidrain
- Sub-formation Drainage, Bedfordshire - Pozidrain
- ABG Pozidrain Wollert Landfill Cap Case Study