Pozidrain is the original wide-width preformed drainage and gas venting geocomposite and offers a sustainable, environmental alternative to traditional filter stone.
Pozidrain consists of a high strength flexible polyethylene cuspated core with a non-woven geotextile filter fabric bonded onto one or either side. The geotextile filters a wide range of materials, whilst allowing free passage of fluids into the core of the geocomposite to be drained to a discharge.
The HDPE core in Pozidrain forms a drainage medium, the channels between the dimples are designed to support the geotextile which is bonded to the core and ensure that it doesn't deform into the drainage passage under the pressure of the fill material. Unlike pipes this core design allows flow in all directions.
When compared with mineral drainage layers Pozidrain offers a much thinner layer with superior flow capacity. This reduces the required thickness of the capping and base lining system resulting in more fill void.
Unique Pozidrain drainage core design allows superior flow in all directions, unlike traditional pipe systems.
- Leachate collection
- Hazardous gas venting
- Groundwater drainage/collection
- Capillary break layers
- Leakage detection layers
- Vertical cut-off trenches
- Embankment drainage
- Slope stabilaisation
- Easy to handle
- Eliminates filter stone
- Creates volume in landfill
- Allows use of lower specification backfill materials
- Reduces excavation and backfill
- High impact and crush strength
- High flow capacity
- Acts as protection to geomembrane
- Ease and speed of installation without specialist equipment
- Massively reduced traffic volumes compared to drainage stone
- Landfill Capping, Bedfordshire, Pozidrain
- Landfill Basal Drainage, West Yorkshire - Pozidrain
- Sub-formation Drainage, Bedfordshire - Pozidrain