Fildrain - Fin Drains
Fildrain findrain has a unique drainage core that collects and channels liquids and gases to a carrier pipe for transportation to a suitable discharge point.
Fildrain - Fin Drains
Fildrain findrain drainage geocomposite is a cost effective alternative to traditional stone drainage. It collects and channels liquids and gases to a carrier pipe for transportation to a suitable discharge point. Fildrain fin drain has many applications in surface and sub-surface drainage.
- French drains
- Groundwater drains
- Cut-off drains
- Combined surface and sub-surface drainage
- Capillary Break
- Gas venting and collection
- Drainage to concrete channels to DFT HCD figure F21
- Edge of carriageway drainage system to DFT figure F18
- Cost effective
- High water flows compared to traditional drainage stone
- Space saving, narrow trench requirement
- Re-use of site won excavated material
- Reduction or elimination of drainage stone
- Speed up consolidation
- Rapid installation
- Allows water flow in all directions
- Reduction in haulage requirements
Geocomposite drainage is suitable for dealing with ground water and ground water plus surface water. For situations with combined surface water and ground water, e.g. French Drains, the surface water must pass through a layer of filter stone before reaching the geocomposite drain. This filer stone, typically 300mm deep, will trap the silt and detritus and can be periodically excavated and replaced.
ABG Fildrain Fin Drain geocomposite filters surface water or ground water channeling to a discharge pipe, providing an ideal alternative for ‘traditional’ stone and constructions in the formation of surface and subsurface drainage systems saving time and money on construction projects.
Typical Client Profile:
- Drainage Contractors
- Water companies
- Covered Reservoir engineers
- Landscape Architects & Contractors
- Structural Engineers
- Higways Engineers
Fildrain 12SW + 25SW
In many instances traditional detail can be replaced with a Fildrain "Fin Drain" gecomposite strip. This allows the excavated material to be simply backfilled into the trench and requires no import of clean aggregate. At the end of each run, a Fildrain fitting is used to connect to the outfall pipe. A low cost system with low embedded carbon which is suitable for mechanical installation.
Fildrain 7DWP or 7DWF
When high longitudinal flow capacity is required, Fildrain fin drain geocomposite is combined with a perforated pipe, pipe diameter is typically 100mm but this could be over 1000mm. Another low cost, low carbon solution.
Incorporating a pipe with sealed invert is ideal when large volumes of surface water are to be collected. Can be supplied with de-stressed and slotted 6m twin wall pipe.
Traditional French Drain Construction
Consists of an excavated trench, infilled with free-draining aggregate. This type of construction may require off-site material import and the removal of excavated materials. Trench width is typically 300mm to 500mm, a high cost option with a large carbon footprint.
Case Studies / Recent Projects:
ABG Fildrain Geocomposite for Fin Drain applications have provided drainage solutions on the following projects:
- A1 Leeming to Barton - Concrete Channel Drainage
- A1 Dishforth to Leeming Improvement Scheme - Edge of Carriageway Drainage
- S5 Wroclaw - Poznan Expressway, Poland - Roadside Drainage
The following similar products provide solutions civil engineering, structural, ground and highways drainage:
- Pozidrain Drainage Geocomposite
- Deckdrain Drainage Geocomposite
- Fildrain - Earthworks & Embankments
- Fildrain - Highway Edge Drains
Associated System Products
Within a Fildrain construction, products that may also be considered are:
- Rail Geosynthetics
- Embankment Consolidation
- SuDS Geosynthetics
- Highways Embankment Consolidation
- Earthworks Drainage
- ABG Embankment Drainage Starter Layer Fildrain FARRRS UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Highway Drainage Fildrain Type 10 A1 Leeming to Barton UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Highway Drainage Fildrain Type 6 A1 Dishforth to Leeming UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Embankment Drainage Starter Layer M8 Glasgow UK CASE STUDY
- ABG SuDS Permeable Paving HGV Park Truckcell Road King Cannock UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Embankment Drainage Consolidation Fildrain Ashton Moss Manchester UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Highway Drainage Fildrain S5 Wroclaw to Poznan Poland CASE STUDY
- ABG Fildrain 7DD & 7DHD INSTALL
- ABG Fildrain Type 6 INSTALL
- ABG Fildrain Type 10 Installation Guide
- ABG Fildrain 7D 7DH and G INSTALL
Features and Articles
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.