Fildrain Fin Drains
Fildrain findrain has a unique drainage core that collects and channels liquids and gases to a carrier pipe for transportation to a suitable discharge point.
Fildrain Fin Drains
Fildrain findrain drainage geocomposite is a cost effective alternative to traditional stone drainage. It collects and channels liquids and gases to a carrier pipe for transportation to a suitable discharge point. Fildrain fin drain has many applications in highway and embankment drainage.
• Edge of carriageway drainage system to DFT figure F18
• Combined surface and sub-surface drainage
• Embankment basal and consolidation layer
• Drainage to concrete channels to DFT HCD figure F21
• Toe of batter drainage
• Cut off drain
• Embankment counterfort drain
• Cost effective
• High water flows compared to traditional drainage stone
• Space saving, narrow trench requirement
• Re-use of site won excavated material
• Reduction or elimination of drainage stone
• Speed up consolidation
• Rapid installation
• Allows water flow in all directions
• Reduction in haulage requirements
Case Studies / Recent Projects:
ABG Fildrain Geocomposites have provided drainage solutions on the following projects:
- A1 Leeming to Barton - Concrete Channel Drainage
- A1 Dishforth to Leeming Improvement Scheme - Edge of Carriageway Drainage
- FARRRS Scheme South Yorkshire - Embankment Drainage
- Ashton Moss, Manchester - Embankment Drainage & Rapid Consolidation
- S5 Wroclaw - Poznan Expressway, Poland - Roadside Drainage
Fildrain findrains provide a very high flow capacity, many times that of traditional crushed stone (specific data is available). This is due to the unique open structure created by the dimpled construction which allows unhindered water flow.
The Fildrain range of fin drain drainage products have many applications and are typically used for the drainage of highway edges, car parks, rail, airfields and similar applications.
Fildrain applications in the drainage of embankments and reinforced earth structures include cut-off trenches and landscape applications where a narrow trench is dug and the fin drain placed within and backfilled using excavated materials. Fildrain can also be used horizontally in place of a granular starter layer, as well as to relieve pore pressure and accelerate consolidation. We have achieved consolidation on projects in just 25% of the time expected with granular fill.
Fildrain fin drains can also be used as the basis of a gas collection system beneath man made reservoirs and snow water ponds.
- ABG Embankment Drainage Starter Layer Fildrain FARRRS UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Highway Drainage Fildrain Type 10 A1 Leeming to Barton UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Highway Drainage Fildrain Type 6 A1 Dishforth to Leeming UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Embankment Drainage Starter Layer M8 Glasgow UK CASE STUDY
- ABG SuDS Permeable Paving HGV Park Truckcell Road King Cannock UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Embankment Drainage Consolidation Fildrain Ashton Moss Manchester UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Highway Drainage Fildrain S5 Wroclaw to Poznan Poland CASE STUDY
Features and Articles
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.