Three dimensional cellular matrix confines and reinforces weak soils for use in soil retention on steep slopes.
Erosaweb geocell is designed for the reinforcement of weak soils and has many applications including retention of soils on steep slopes.
- Earth retaining walls
- Slope reinforcement
- Sub-base reinforcement
- Erosion control
- Basal reinforcement
- Tree root protection
- Concrete shuttering
- Green roofs
- Cost effective
- Easy to install
- Reduces stone requirements
- Environmentally friendly
Case Studies / Recent Projects:
Erosaweb geocell has been installed on the following projects:
- Oil Protection Bund Erosion Control, Great Island Power Station, Wexford, Ireland
- A1 Elkesley improvement Road - SuDS Balancing Pond
- Green Roof System, Alder Hey Hospital, Liverpool. UK
- Green Roof System, Recycling & Energy Facility, Leeds
- Slope and Channel Erosion Control Protection
Erosaweb geocell works by confining and stabilising the surface of weak soils by creating a honeycomb of interconnected polymer strips that form pockets to locate and strengthen the infill material.
Erosaweb can be laid over stable steep slopes where the cell walls provide a tensile force increasing the strength of the material and acting as mini-weirs to reduce run off velocity and soil loss. On a slope Erosaweb geocell is normally secured to the underlying material by frequent pinning, usually with steel pins. Where this is inadvisable or impossible, for instance when Erosaweb is installed over a geomembrane, the webs should be secured to a high-strength geogrid such as Trigrid.
Using Abweb it is also possible to strengthen sub-bases and reduce foundation stone thickness under loaded areas by up to 50%.
Earth retaining walls can be formed with horizontal layers of Erosaweb geocell filled and placed one on another. A specific retaining wall product is available as Webwall geocell.
- ABG Embankment Drainage Erosaweb Luton Busway UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Erosion Control Erosaweb Wexford UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Erosion Control Erosamat Erosaweb Clitheroe UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Highway Drainage Erosaweb Pond A1 Elkesley UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Green Roof Extensive Erosaweb Cross Green Leeds UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Green Roof Extensive Erosaweb Alder Hey Hospital Liverpool UK CASE STUDY
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.