Deckdrain Drainage Geocomposite
Deckdrain’s unique drainage core replaces the requirement for stone filter layers whilst giving superior flow. The filter geotextile prevents clogging of the core.
Deckdrain Drainage Geocomposite
Deckdrain is a high performance geocomposite drainage system. Designed to provide an environmentally friendly alternative to traditional structural drainage techniques, it provides high flow capacity and added protection to waterproofing.
Deckdrain is a strong, robust geocomposite used in the following applications:
- Relieve external water pressure from buried structures
- Bridge abutment and wingwall drainage
- Drainage behind retaining walls
- Covered reservoir roofs and walls
- Tunnel drainage
- Roof garden drainage
- Block paving drainage
- Relief of uplift pressure beneath tanks, slabs and culverts
- Capillary break layer below base slabs
- Sructural drainage
- Horizontal or vertical drainage applications (walls)
- Thinner drainage layers when compared to traditional aggregate drainage solutions
- Reduced dead loads on structure means thinner slabs are possible
- High, factory controlled constant flow capacity
- Wide rolls of Deckdrain are suited for rapid installation
- Enhances the performance of structural waterproofing by providing an additional barrier that prevents the majority of the water reaching the liner.
- High CBR puncture resistance of Deckdrain® provides protection.
- Allows use of lower specification backfill
- Reduced traffic volumes when compared with stone
Deckdrain is used in civil engineering and construction drainage applications including bridge abutments, buried structures, retaining walls, tunnels, roof gardens and covered potable reservoirs. Deckdrain geocomposite consists of a high strength flexible polyethylene cuspated core with a non-woven filter geotextile bonded onto one or both sides. The geotextile filters a wide range of materials whilst allowing water to percolate into the core of the geocomposite before draining to a discharge point.
The HDPE cuspated core of the geocomposite provides a free flowing drainage void within the structure. The studs are designed to support the geotextile which is bonded to the core to ensure that it doesn't deform into the drainage passage under the pressure of the backfill material. Deckdrain is designed to allow flow in all directions, unlike linear or pipe systems.
Deckdrain is durable and sufficiently robust to resist the mechanical stresses imposed during installation and then on throughout its design life. Use of Deckdrain eliminates the need for further protection of the waterproofing system. Deckdrain has a built in geotextile overlap that ensures integrity of the drainage layer across the entire installation area.
Deckdrain is a UK manufactured BBA approved product, with a long history of use on Highways England, Transport Scotland and other major Highways schemes. Deckdrain is available in thicknesses ranging from 4mm to 50mm, and can be supplied in a variety of roll sizes designed to suit differing site requirements.
Typical Client Profile:
- Drainage Contractors
- Water companies
- Covered Reservoir engineers
- Tunnel engineers
- Green Roof consultants
- Highways England
- Structural Engineers
Case Studies / Recent Projects:
Deckdrain drainage geocomposite has been used in the following projects:
- Reservoir Roof Drainage - Cross Hill, Wirral
- Heysham to M6 Link - Bridge Abutment Drainage
- Intensive Green Roof Podium Deck, Mei Foo Rail Station Hong Kong
- Port Talbot - Bridge Abutment Structural Drainage
- Structural Retaining Wall Drainage, Delhi-Agra Road, India
- Didcot - Covered Potable Water Reservoir Drainage
- Reservoir Drainage - St John's Wood, London
- Structural Drainage for STW Floating Tanks, Telford
- Structural Drainage, Mukkola to Kerala Highway India
- Tunnel Invert Drainage, Graz, Austria
- Sliding Bridge Abutment Drainage, Immingham UK
- Retaining Wall Drainage, Eastern Peripheral Expressway, Delhi, India
- Green Intensive Roof, St Paul's Place, Sheffield, UK
- Sprayed Concrete Rail Wall Structural Drainage, Wembley, London UK
- Retaining Wall Structural Drainage, Rail Bridges Crewe UK
The following products provide similar drainage functions for different applications:
Associated System Products
Within a drainage system where Deckdrain composites are used, the following products are often used as part of the construction profile:
- ABG Green Roof Intensive Mei Foo Station Hong Kong CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Slope Deckdrain Mukkola-Kerala India CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Bridge Abutment Deckdrain Heysham to M6 UK CASE STUDY
- ABG blueroof Green Intensive St Pauls Sheffield UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Bridge Abutment Deckdrain Port Talbot Dist Road UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Wall Deckdrain Delhi-Agra Road India CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Wall Deckdrain Eastern Expressway Delhi India CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Reservoir Base Uplift Deckdrain Rushmoor UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Bridge Abutment Drainage Deckdrain Rosper Road Immingham UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Reservoir Roof Deckdrain G Crosshill Wirral UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Rail Sprayed Concrete Deckdrain Wembley London UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Structural Drainage Wall Rail Deckdrain West Coast Mainline Crewe UK CASE STUDY
Features and Articles
- Standard in-plane flow capacity for geocomposites and effects on slope stability - Ground Engineering, April 2014
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.