Grid structure provides soil reinforcement for all civil engineering projects including environmental, infrastructure and marine applications.
Abgrid biaxial geogrid can be used in a wide range of civil engineering applications such as basal reinforcement, ground stabilisation, aggregate reduction, piling platforms and foundation engineering in paved and unpaved roads and temporary works.
- Railway and Highway base course reinforcement
- Steep sided soil embankments
- Slope stabilisation
- Retaining walls
- Load transfer platforms
- Void spanning
- Easy to handle
- Reduces sub-base thickness
- Reduces site vehicle traffic
- Minimises surface rutting
Abgrid geogrid is manufactured from extruded polypropylene which is then punched and then drawn to form a monolithic geogrid with strength in two planes (biaxial).
The combination of ribs and the corresponding nodes within the geogrid allows loads to be transferred into the geogrid structure whilst allowing a positive interlock of the reinforced materials through the apertures of the geogrid.
Abgrid biaxial geogrid offers high tensile stiffness at low strains combined with excellent resistance to damage coocuring to the geogrid during the construction process or environmental exposure.
Abgrid biaxial geogrid offer savings across the project. Abgrid geogrid is quick and simple to install and the use of Abgrid geogrid may facilitate a reduction in the required fill.
Typical Client Profile:
- Highway Engineers & Contractors
- Highways Authorities
- Airport Engineers
- Local Authority Planning Depts.
Highway Foundations - Carbon Footprint Saving
The use of ABG Abgrid geogrid can save up to 21% on the carbon footprint compared with traditional compacted gravel highway foundation methodsClick to read the full carbon footprint assessment.
- ABG Vegetated retaining Walls ver 1.00 BROCHURE
- ABG Porous Paving Systems BROCHURE
- Rail Embankment Consolidation
- ABG Reinforcement and Separation ver 1.00 BROCHURE
- ABG Ground Stabilisation Plant Depot, Abgrid and Terrex Bredbury Manchester UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Stabilisation, Abweb and Abgrid Quarry Bank Mill, Styal, Wilmslow, UK CASE STUDY
- ABG Ground Stabilisation Attenuation Sudsweb Abgrid Devour Holmfirth UK CASE STUDY
Contact ABG for further information
Fill out our quick contact form with your product, application, technical or sales enquiry, and one of our team will be in contact shortly.